Explore the tribal boundaries of the Metlakatla Indian Reserve, an area teeming with wildlife. While onboard enjoy 2 complimentary 4oz pours of locally brewed beer.
Best Of Ketchikan By Land And Sea
- Adult Ages 13 and older
- Child Ages 3-12
- Infant Ages 2 and under
Immerse Yourself in Authentic Alaska on a Ketchikan Glacier Tour
Embark on a true Alaska experience that includes scenic cruising, wildlife viewing, visiting the largest collection of totem poles, and a taste of wild Alaska seafood delicacies while touring the historic George Inlet cannery.
Ketchikan Tour Highlights
- Experience the “Salmon Capital of the World” while cruising aboard a comfortable, Alaskan-built vessel. The cruise portion of the tour features exploration of the rugged coastline of the Tongass Narrows and glacier-carved George Inlet. Along the route, your onboard naturalist will provide local knowledge and point out places of interest and wildlife.
- At the historic George Inlet Cannery, situated in a remote rainforest setting, you’ll have an opportunity to meander through the well-preserved cannery and stop at several displays that highlight Southeast Alaska’s various fisheries, including trolling, purse seining, long-lining, crabbing, and more. While at the cannery, be sure to check out the historic Tsirku Canning Line—the only functioning equipment of its kind in the world. Enjoy Alaskan style appetizers served include smoked salmon spread with crackers, chowder, chicken skewers, smoked cheese and reindeer sausage, and fresh baked desserts. A glass of wine or Alaskan beer is included as well as bottled water and soda.
- A beautiful rainforest path will lead you to your deluxe motor coach where a friendly driver/guide will await you for a return trip to Ketchikan. The scenic drive back to town provides a tour of the world’s largest collection of totem poles at the Saxman Native village. Drive past historic Creek Street–a colorful row of charming homes and shops built on pilings over Ketchikan Creek.
- Keep a rain jacket, hat, and gloves close at hand at all times
- Warm layers
- Camera and/or handheld video equipment
- USD Cash / Credit Cards for onboard purchases
- Complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, tea, and select snacks
- Additional beverages, including alcohol, and snacks available for purchase in the galley
- Souvenirs sourced from Alaskan makers available in the gift shop
- Spacious outdoor observation deck
- Climate controlled interior seating with panoramic windows
- Includes one, or more, restroom(s)
Motion Sickness: While there is no open ocean swell in the Juneau area, persons sensitive to motion sickness may wish to take medication at least one hour prior to the tour departure time.
Tour Minimums: Tours do need to hit a minimum capacity to run. We will contact guests 48 hours in advance if tour has not reached the minimum.
Cancellation Policy: A $10/person processing fee will be charged for cancellations made after the booking is confirmed. No refund will be made for cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to tour departure. If the tour is cancelled by the operator for any reason, the customer will receive a full refund.
Age Restrictions: We welcome guests of all ages onboard! While there is no charge for children two years old & younger, all guests must have a ticket due to coast guard regulations.
Accessibility: Select departures can accommodate persons using a manual wheelchair. Call our office before booking for details.