Join an intimate wildlife viewing safari aboard a deluxe expedition vessel, in search of whales, harbor seals, porpoise, bears and eagles as you explore wilderness passages and rugged coastlines. Then, step ashore on a remote beach with Alaska Native camp hosts to learn intertidal harvesting techniques and enjoy Alaskan cuisine alongside a crackling beach bonfire.
Tour PriceAdult: $129.95 (tax included)
Children (ages 3-12): $109.95 (tax included)
Infants (2 & under): No cost. All infants must have a ticket due to coast guard regulations. Please be sure to select infant during checkout if applicable.
*Call us to inquire about our Alaska Resident discount at 907-225-8100. Adult: $209.95 (tax included)
Children (ages 3-12): $159.95 (tax included)
*Call us to inquire about our Alaska Resident discount at 907-225-8100.
Tour Duration:3.5 hours (1.5 hours on Annette Island; 2 hours on water.)
Season DatesMemorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend
Tour Highlights• Join a one-of-a-kind wildlife safari, searching for whales, porpoises, harbor seals, eagles and more. As animals are sighted, the Captain will maneuver the vessel to provide optimal views, and your expert naturalist will explain their fascinating life-cycles and behaviors.
• Step ashore on remote Annette Island, welcomed by our Tsimshian Native hosts. This area presents stunning views of the surrounding islands. Here, you will have the opportunity to explore the old-growth rainforest, learn about the intertidal zone and traditional harvesting techniques, and enjoy an Alaska-style beach bonfire.
• Indulge your adventure’s appetite with a scrumptious feast that includes reindeer sausage hotdogs, kettle chips, salmonberry jam, and other local delights, while sipping on an Alaskan Amber beer, or your choice of wine, soda, or juice. Finish your meal with an American classic, roasting marshmallows for s’mores made with locally crafted chocolate.
• On the return trip you’ll continue exploring the coastline and scanning the water for signs of wildlife while enjoying complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
What to Bring• Dress in warm layers, wear sturdy footgear, and bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the observation deck.
• USD Cash or Credit Card for onboard gift shopping. Beer, wine, additional snacks and Alaskan-made retail products are available for purchase.
Vessel Amenities• Spacious outside observation deck.
• Climate controlled interior seating with panoramic windows.
• One or more marine heads on each of our vessels. (restrooms)
Good to Know• Wildlife sightings are frequent but not guaranteed.
Participation Requirements• Accessibility: This tour is not appropriate for individuals who have difficulty walking. Participants must be in good health, at least 3 years of age, and able to disembark onto the beach via a 5-rung ladder. Not suitable for wheelchairs.
• Dietary Restrictions: Due to the remote nature of Annette Island only select dietary requests can be accommodated. Please consult the Allen Marine Tours office before booking for details.
Cancellation• Cancellation Policy A $10/person processing fee will be charged for cancellations made after the booking is confirmed. No refund will be made for cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to tour departure. If the tour is cancelled by the operator for any reason, the customer will receive a full refund.
• Tour Minimums Tours do need to hit a minimum capacity to run. We will contact guests 48 hours in advance if tour has not reached the minimum.
Please Read Regarding COVID 19As the federal requirements for masking on public transportation have dropped, masks are now optional for guests. We will continue to adhere to any requirements from the Department of Transportation, the US Coast Guard, and the City and Borough of Juneau should these policies change throughout the season.
Karen M.: This excursion was easily our favorite Alaska experience.
Jan & Mark T.: We had the time of our life. I cannot say enough about this excursion!
Susan G.: The trip was wonderful.. it was worth every penny!