Join an award-winning cruise that offers the opportunity to observe sea otters, whales, sea lions, porpoises, harbor seals, brown bears and more! The tour operator guarantees you will observe sea otters, a whale or a bear. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the tour vessel.
For more information call our Sitka office at 1(907)747-8100!
Tour PriceAdults $139.95 (tax included)
Children $119.95 (tax included)
Infants (ages 2 and under) Free
Call us to inquire about our local’s discount!
Season Dateslate-May through early-September
For larger groups (8+), ask about additional departure times and/or private vessel rates.
Tour Highlights• Sitka Sound is home to the greatest variety of wildlife in Southeast Alaska – sea otters, whales, sea lions, porpoises, harbor seals, brown bears, puffins, bald eagles, and more!
• Tour operator has over 45-years of experience.
• An onboard naturalist will explain the workings of this remarkable ecosystem. You’ll also learn about the sea otters' recovery, following their near extinction at the hands of Russian fur hunters in the early 1800s.
• Your Alaskan built tour vessel has been designed to navigate Southeast Alaska's narrow island passages, allowing for wildlife viewing at close range.
• This tour guarantees you’ll view sea otters, a whale, or a bear! – If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the tour vessel.
What to Bring• Keep a rain jacket, hat, and gloves close at hand at all times
• Warm layers and comfortable walking shoes
• Camera, handheld video equipment, and/or binoculars
• USD Cash / Credit Cards for onboard purchases
Vessel Amenities• Complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, tea, and select snacks
• Additional beverages, including alcohol, and snacks available for purchase in the galley
• Souvenirs sourced from Alaskan makers available in the gift shop
• Spacious outdoor observation deck
• Climate controlled interior seating with panoramic windows
• Includes one, or more, restroom(s)
Good to KnowMotion Sickness Persons sensitive to motion sickness may wish to take medication at least one hour prior to the tour departure time.
Participation RequirementsAge Restrictions We welcome guests of all ages onboard! While there is no charge for children two years old & younger, all guests must have a ticket due to coast guard regulations.
Accessibility Participants may have to walk up to 150-yards, transit a tide variable dock ramp, and negotiate 3-4 steps with non-lifting assistance only to embark the tour vessel. Once on board the vessel, little or no walking is required. Call for date-specific details.
CancellationCancellation Policy A $10/person processing fee will be charged for cancellations made after the booking is confirmed. No refund will be made for cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to tour departure. If the tour is cancelled by the operator for any reason, the customer will receive a full refund.
Tour Minimums Tours do need to hit a minimum capacity to run. We will contact guests 48 hours in advance if tour has not reached the minimum.
Please Read Regarding COVID 19As the federal requirements for masking while on public transportation have dropped, we are updating our masking protocols. Masks are now optional for guests. We will continue to adhere to any requirements from the Department of Transportation, the US Coast Guard, and the City and Borough of Sitka should these policies change throughout the season.
Arriving via cruise?
Due to our current COVID 19 mitigation plan, all reservations must be made through your cruise ship’s shore excursion website. Please feel free to reach out to us to see which tours may be available for your ship. Thank you for your understanding while we do our best to uphold all COVID-19 mitigation plans with our partners.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees including worry-free transportation to and from your ship. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be cancelled or changed due to weather, itinerary changes, or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.