Experience the beautiful harbors of Ketchikan’s dynamic waterfront while sipping on two 4oz pours of locally crafted Alaska Beer. Breathtaking wilderness will surround you while cruising aboard a deluxe, Alaskan-built expedition vessel in search of wildlife.
Tour PriceAdults $99.22 (tax included)
Children $73.01 (tax included)
Call us to inquire about our local’s discount!
Tour Duration:2 hours
Season DatesMemorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend
Tour Highlights• Experience the rich maritime culture and breathtaking views of Ketchikan aboard an Alaskan-built vessel. Enjoy front row views of the town’s unique piling built waterfront and colorful homes that cling to the rainforest mountain side.
• In the South Tongass Narrows view Thomas Basin, where the town’s residents once played baseball games on the mud flats exposed at low tide. While there, enjoy optimal views of infamous Creek Street from the upper observation deck. Next, cruise by Ketchikan’s oldest working cannery on your way to view the recently expanded US Coast Guard station – home to Alaska’s newest patrol vessels. Continuing south your captain will pause for photo opportunities and viewing of the world’s largest collection of totem poles at Saxman Native Village.
• Leave the Narrows to explore the tribal boundaries of the Metlakatla Indian Reserve, an area teaming with wildlife. Plying the waters of Nichol’s Passage, your Captain will maneuver the boat to give the best possible views as sightings occur. Whales, seals, porpoise, bald eagles and other species of wildlife are often sighted here.
• On the return trip, learn about Ketchikan’s notorious rum runners and fish pirates as you pass Whiskey Cove. A mariner’s view of Alaska’s busiest port, numerous sea plane bases, and your cruise ship will provide the tour’s final backdrop for learning how Ketchikan earned its title of “Salmon Capital of the World.”
What to Bring• Keep a rain jacket, hat, and gloves close at hand at all times
• Warm layers
• Camera, handheld video equipment, and/or binoculars
• USD Cash / Credit Cards for onboard purchases
IncludedGuests will be served two 4oz pours of locally crafted beer or a glass of sparkling champagne while searching for local wildlife
Participation Requirements• Accessibility: Select departures may be able to accommodate guests in manual wheelchairs. Please contact Allen Marine prior to booking for additional details.
Cancellation• Cancellation Policy A $10/person processing fee will be charged for cancellations made after the booking is confirmed. No refund will be made for cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to tour departure. If the tour is cancelled by the operator for any reason, the customer will receive a full refund.
• Tour Minimums Tours do need to hit a minimum capacity to run. We will contact guests 48 hours in advance if tour has not reached the minimum.