Experience the beautiful harbors of Ketchikan’s dynamic waterfront and take in breathtaking wilderness surroundings while cruising aboard a deluxe, Alaskan-built expedition vessel in search of wildlife.
PriceAdult : Prices vary by event
Children: Prices vary by event (ages 3 to 12)
Infants: ages 2 and under are free
10% of ticket sales will be donated
Available DatesOcean Sciences Club Fundraiser - Sunday, August 28th
Tour Highlights• Support the Ketchikan Ocean Sciences Bowl Team!
• The National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB®) is an academic competition that tests high school students’ knowledge of the marine sciences including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology. Each year approximately 2,000 students from 300 schools across the nation compete for prizes and a trip to the national competition.
• The Alaska Tsunami Ocean Sciences Bowl, held each winter in Seward, is the local state competition. Join us to learn more about our local club as they look towards competing in 2023!
• We will look for a variety of wildlife, and travel in comfort aboard a high-speed expedition vessel built in our very own Sitka shipyard!
What to bring• Keep a rain jacket, hat, and gloves close at hand at all times
• Warm layers
• Camera, handheld video equipment, and/or binoculars
• USD Cash / Credit Cards for onboard purchases
Vessel Amenities• Complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, tea, and select snacks
• Additional beverages, including alcohol, and snacks available for purchase in the galley
• Souvenirs sourced from Alaskan makers available in the gift shop
• Spacious outdoor observation deck
• Climate controlled interior seating with panoramic windows
• Includes one, or more, restroom(s)
Good to KnowMotion Sickness Persons sensitive to motion sickness may wish to take medication at least one hour prior to the tour departure time.
Participation requirementsAge Restrictions We welcome guests of all ages onboard! While there is no charge for children two years old & younger, all guests must have a ticket due to coast guard regulations.
Accessibility Tour activity includes navigating flat docks, tide variable ramps, and 3 to 5 stairs to access the vessel.
CancellationCancellation Policy A $10/person processing fee will be charged for cancellations made after the booking is confirmed. No refund will be made for cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to tour departure. If the tour is cancelled by the operator for any reason, the customer will receive a full refund.
Tour Minimums Tours do need to hit a minimum capacity to run. We will contact guests 48 hours in advance if tour has not reached the minimum.
Please Read Regarding COVID 19As the federal requirements for masking while on public transportation have dropped, we are updating our masking protocols. Masks are now optional for guests. We will continue to adhere to any requirements from the Department of Transportation, the US Coast Guard, and the City and Borough of Juneau should these policies change throughout the season.
Due to our current COVID 19 mitigation plan, all reservations must be made through your cruise ship’s shore excursion website. Please feel free to reach out to us to see which tours may be available for your ship. Thank you for your understanding while we do our best to uphold all COVID-19 mitigation plans with our partners.
Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees including worry-free transportation to and from your ship. Finally, you will have the added bonus of a dedicated shore excursions team who will be available to help answer questions and make arrangements should your tour be cancelled or changed due to weather, itinerary changes, or other unforeseen circumstances. The value you receive by booking through your cruise line is truly outstanding.
Karen M.: This excursion was easily our favorite Alaska experience.
Jan & Mark T.: We had the time of our life. I cannot say enough about this excursion!
Susan G.: The trip was wonderful.. it was worth every penny!